LONDON - China's largest premier commercial property and entertainment conglomerate, Dalian Wanda Group Wednesday entered into 320million pounds definite acquisition deal with leading British yacht company, Sunseeker International Ltd, under which Wanda will acquire a majority shareholding of 91.81% in pre-eminent luxury motor yacht manufacturer. Under the agreement, the remaining 8.19% ...
MADRID - Spain risks high joblessness and sluggish growth for years unless its government together with Europe takes "urgent action' to generate growth and jobs, the International Monetary Fund stated Wednesday. "While there are signs the economic contraction may end soon, the outlook remains difficult," IMF said in its annual assessment of the Spanish economy. "But unemployment remains ...
According to a new study, first impressions of experiences have a greater impact when consumers share the experience with others. "When consumers consume an experience alone, the end of the experience has a greater effect on their overall evaluations. On the other hand, when consumers consume an experience with others, the beginning has a greater influence on how they judge the entire ...
Award-winning actress Dame Helen Mirren is said to be the new face of lifestyle and fashion brand, Marks amp; Spencer. The 67-year-old was spotted shooting for brand's new ad campaign at London's St Katharine's Docks, here, Sunday, alongside TV personality Katie Piper, who is also believed to be starring in the advertisement, reports femalefirst.co.uk. It would be the first fashion campaign ...
Socialite Kim Kardashian's sister Kourtney has reportedly asked the new mother to be more careful with her lifestyle now. Kim, 32, gave birth to her and rapper Kanye West's daughter June 15. Kourtney, mother of son Mason, 12, and 11-month-old daughter Penelope, believes that Kim's life is not going to be the same now. "Kourtney has told Kim that she has no idea what she's in for as a mom," ...
27°C Partly Cloudy
Winds: From the ENE at 4 MPH
Antwone Fisher, which tells the story of a man who survived abuse, neglect, racism, and other horrors, is a generically uplifting movie, filled with the kind of bluntly life-affirming feel-goodness you expect to see on a Sunday-night TV movie. This doesnt make it bad in any particular way, merely unsurprising. Oscar-winning actor Denzel Washington, in his directorial debut, has crafted a n ... ...
The worst thing about being on a dreaded diet is feeling hungry. It's when people can crack and eat something they know they shouldn't.When you're trying to lose weight, it can be hard to stick to a lower-calorie menu if you're feeling ravenous the whole time.Fortunately, some of the best foods for weight loss also happen to be the ones that help fill you up.Three of the key ...
When a food craze has New Yorkers begrudgingly waiting in queues it is only a matter of time before it hits Down Under.Forget macarons and cupcakes - the latest object of desire for those with a sweet-tooth is a cross between a croissant and a doughnut and it has captured the attention of foodies around the world, including Perth.Since its creator, New York-based chef Dominique Ansel, unveiled ...
A couple has filed a lawsuit against a South Florida restaurant where a deck collapsed into Biscayne Bay last week during the fourth game of the NBA ...
While sales of trainers and tracksuits at JD Sports are sprinting along, the group's camping and other clothing stores have not quite broken out into a jog so far this ...
, has passed away after suffering a heart attack.He was 51. HBO said in a statement: ';We’re all in shock and feeling immeasurable sadness at the loss of a beloved member of our family. He was special man, a great talent, but more importantly a gentle and loving person who treated everyone no matter their title or position with equal respect. He touched so many of us over the years ...
They Said It
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Sweet Home Hotel
It is not often we review a hotel of this size, or of this budget range, so it was a ...Keep reading
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Central Asia TimesCentral Asia Times | The Latest News from Central Asia
Breaking news from Central Asia is the focus of the Central Asia Times. This online newspaper has an extended scope, and includes international news and updates from the business world, and global markets.
In addition to our own resources in our Asian bureaus, we have our own international offices, and take news from contracted wire services. We also spider external news sites on an hourly basis, 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure our news is continually updated and refreshed.
For those who may require Central Asia news headlines on their Web site we are happy to oblige, and have provided RSS feeds for this purpose. For readers wanting a daily email update of Central Asia news delivered to their inbox, we provide this complimentary service on a daily basis.
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments or suggestions about the Central Asia Times please forward them by using our Contact Us form.
In a daring act of fraud that has the potential of jeopardising his re-election in the June 26 presidential polls, Mongolian President Tsakhiagiin Elbegdorj and his close associates ingeniously duped a South Korean investor into buying a license for a gold mine that, after due diligence, was discovered to have no gold value at all.
This deception was carried out in mid-2012, but the Mongolian Government was able to use its influence to keep it under the wraps until now.
Mongolia's economy is growing rapidly as a result of a mining boom.
Leading investors describe Mongolia as the "Kuwait of Central Asia", but rampant corruption, political infighting and a still-incipient judicial system could hold its development and progress back.
The country has vast and largely untapped mineral deposits of copper, gold and coal, but until recently, has remained largely on the breadline.
With several big mining projects on the horizon, there is scope for an economic boom through foreign investment. Such a scenario also paves the way for opportunists to exploit for personal and political gain.
According to reports, a South Korean investor was approached by President Elbegdorj's men, who offered their support and services on behalf of the government. ...
- Afghanistan to shun US peace talks with Taliban
- Kerry calls Karzai over Taliban office issue
- Karzai to boycott talks with Taliban
- Afghans break off talks with US on security deal
- Afghanistan calls off talks with U.S. on security agreement
- Fairmont broadens its approach to operational sustainability.
- Google for Hotels Q+A with David Zammitt Google Travel Industry Manager.
- Marriott launches Travel Brilliantly engaging Next Gen guests.
- What is So Awesome About Hotels
- Virgin Hotels announce New York location.
- Lundbeck and several drug firms fined for pact to delay generic drugs
- UN iLanceti journal to hold meeting on AIDS response and global health
- American Medical Association Obesity is a Disease
- US Cervical Cancer Vaccines Cut Rates of HPV Infections
- Letting other system doctors give allopathic drugs dangerous IMA
- Archer opens offices repair centre in Dubai Doha
- Iraq to boost output by 45 by 2014-end
- Egypt reshuffles management of energy firms
- Iran cancels local drilling rigs deal to buy from China
- Enerplus Announces Investor Day Webcast Details
- Community radio reporters acting as climate change communication agents in Central India
- Jackie Chan admires Bollywood welcomes Indo-Chinese Cine collaboration
- James Gandolfini dies of heart attack Reports
- Danish royals new Opera House patrons
- 14 killed in attack on UN headquarters in Somalia
- UN headquarters in Somalia attacked
- Fox News Poll Most disagree with Obama say war on terrorism not over
- John Legend Gossip Girl EP Developing Music Manager Comedy at Showtime
- Traffic lights haywire free parking after Victoria Square cable damaged
- New drug offers new hope for AMD sufferers
- Older males make better fathers
- Seniors gather for prom in Simi Valley
- Oxnard favors utility subsidy for low-income seniors
- James Gandolfini dies aged 51 Tony Soprano actor suffers heart attack while on holiday
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Central Asia Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Centerra Gold risks Kyrgyz collapse
- Asia Headed For Losses After Bernanke
- US condemns China Russia and Uzbekistan for human trafficking
- Baku expands role in Turkish economy
- The right fare in Azerbaijan