NEW YORK - Aiming to tackle recent high-profile breaches, popular micro-blogging site Twitter is introducing an optional two-step login for users to beef up security. The new system would try to ensure "it's really you" when a user signs in to Twitter, which transmits some 400 million messages a day. The move follows recent attacks into the twitter accounts of news organisations' such as ...
The interest of teenagers is moving away from social networking platform Facebook, and they prefer "parent-free" platforms, according to a survey. The survey, conducted by Pew Research Center, indicates how teenagers' enthusiasm for Facebook is diminishing. The authors of the Pew report wrote how Facebook is now a "social burden" for teenaged users. "While Facebook is still deeply integrated ...
DIVORCING parents who use the "insidious features" of social media as a weapon will put at risk their custody arrangements and settlements and could even face prison, legal experts warn. In a federal court divorce case, Judge Warwick Neville has ordered that a marshal of the court investigate and monitor a father's Facebook posts for possible infringements of the Family Law Act. The ...
title tags , the most important of all SEO attributes. What’s often highlighted are the dos and don’ts in terms of syntax. From a pure conversion and marketing perspective, however, there is a lot of additional value to be squeezed out of title tags. Ecommerce businesses have already begun to differentiate themselves within the search engine results pages to steal more clicks from ...
Actor Vin Diesel is quite popular on Facebook, and not in a ';he’s famous so he has a few million likes'; sort of way. We’re talking social media superstar here, a real influencer. The guy has 7 million more ...
Winds: From the ENE at 4 MPH
Starsky & Hutch
Long before Saturday Night Lives superheroic Ambiguously Gay Duo, there was Starsky & Hutch, a tough, violent buddy-cop show that ran from 1975 to 1979. Although loaded with every signifier of upright masculinity imaginablea series of hot girlfriends, a t ... ...
Google is the latest potential suitor reported to be considering making a big offer to buy Palo Alto crowd-sourced traffic app developer Waze, headed by CEO Noam Bardin. First Apple. Then Facebook. Now Google. Maybe somebody will finally find their Waze. But months of speculation has brought no deal yet for the Palo Alto crowd-sourced mobile traffic app developer. Bloomberg cited unnamed sources ...
The Twitter feud began when Cobain, the daughter of the late Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love, commented on a post by Jenner that read: "Just wish things could be easier sometimes mann (sic)."Following in the footsteps of her outspoken mother, Cobain blasted the 17-year-old with a series of tweets."@KendallJenner oh shh. There are kids on earth abandoned&homeless who forcibly ...
May 21 (Bloomberg) -- Bloomberg Television's Cory Johnson gets an exclusive inside look at how Microsoft designed and tested the new Xbox. (Source: Bloomberg) Members of the media take photos and shoot video at the unveiling for Microsoft Corp.'s first new Xbox in almost eight years. Microsofts Xbox 360 has been cleared of violating a Motorola Mobility patent by the International Trade ...
Linking promoted tweets with TV content would give Twitter a new way to tap into what remains the largest ad spending category television advertising. Taking advantage of the fact that large numbers of people love to tweet about television programs they are watching, Twitter Inc. is testing targeted ads linked to the TV ads its users likely see, according to the San Francisco Business Times. It ...
St. Louisans will celebrate the National Day of Civic Hacking with Random Hacks of Kindness Saint Louis, a weekend hackathon June 1-2 at the T-Rex that encourages community involvement for the betterment of St. Louis. The Password Protection Act, a bill introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives Wednesday, would make it illegal for employers or potential employers to ask for you social ...
They Said It
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Hilton Waikoloa Village Resort
Tropical gardens, salt water lagoons, exotic wildlife, two championship golf courses, a full service health spa, eight tennis courts, racquetball, ...Keep reading
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
Central Asia TimesCentral Asia Times | The Latest News from Central Asia
Breaking news from Central Asia is the focus of the Central Asia Times. This online newspaper has an extended scope, and includes international news and updates from the business world, and global markets.
In addition to our own resources in our Asian bureaus, we have our own international offices, and take news from contracted wire services. We also spider external news sites on an hourly basis, 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure our news is continually updated and refreshed.
For those who may require Central Asia news headlines on their Web site we are happy to oblige, and have provided RSS feeds for this purpose. For readers wanting a daily email update of Central Asia news delivered to their inbox, we provide this complimentary service on a daily basis.
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments or suggestions about the Central Asia Times please forward them by using our Contact Us form.
Vice President Hamid Ansari visited the ancient city of Samarkand in Uzbekistan on Thursday. He was received by Samarkand Governor Mirzaev Zoyir Toirovich.
Both held discussions on issues of mutual interest.
Ansari also paid a visit to Shah-e-Zinda, where Prophet Mohammad's cousin, Kusam ibn Abbas, was beheaded for refusing to abandon his faith.
The Vice President later visited the mausoleum of Amir Timur, the Registan Square and the Bibi Khanum Madrassa.
His wife, Salma Ansari, Minister of State for Environment and Forests Jayanti Natarajan and several Members of Parliament accompanied the vice president during his tour.
Ansari arrived in Uzbek capital Tashkent on a four-day official visit on Tuesday. On Thursday, he held discussions with Uzbekistan President Islam Karimov on a wide range of issues, including counter-terrorism and the situation in Afghanistan, post-2014, when American forces withdraw from there.
Strengthening trade, political and cultural relations were also discussed at length.
Ansari also met the Chairman of the Oliy Majlis of Uzbekistan, I Sobirov, and the Speaker of the Legislative Chamber, D.Tashmukhamedokva.
Samarkand is most noted for its central position on the Silk Road between China and the Mediterranean, and for being an Islamic centre for scholarly study. ...
- Suicide bombers gunmen attack Kabul
- Will a Sandhurst suffice for keeping peace in Afghanistan
- Afghanistans neighbours trying to split country Karzai
- UN plans six-day mission to Afghanistan Pakistan
- Taliban influence in Afghanistan to grow Russian agency
- Diversion of flight fails to save passenger from Ireland
- Sears reports disappointing first quarter
- TGIFridays franchisee shocked at fake-liquor allegations
- Campbell Soup buys baby food maker
- Kansas City Business Journal announces CFO of the Year honorees
- Wockhardt shares plunge 20 pc on USFDA import alert
- Heart healthy lifestyle may help protect kidney patients from dying prematurely
- Doctor using spy watch to record himself abusing patients jailed for 12 yrs
- Boys stem cells successfully treat cerebral palsy
- Turning off technology hours before bedtime promotes sound sleep
- Brazil to hold oil auction
- High Arctic Announces Normal Course Issuer Bid
- Yemens main oil pipeline attacked pumping stopped
- Bengals Drilling Campaign continues to show 100 Success Rate at Cuisinier in the Cooper Basin
- MATRRIX Announces First Quarter 2013 Results
- Eisenberg imbibes stage confidence from mother
- Dean Brody Serena Ryder Sam Roberts Band among big names set for Stampede’s Coca-Cola Stage
- Whole new world for Arrested
- Dunham furious over Girls porn
- Viktor Ullmanns opera written in Nazi concentration camp revived in Berlin
- ESPN lays offs some of its employees to control costsAmendedESPN EmployeeUpdate
- Fox News Host Urges Viewers To Physically Harm Obama Voters
- Planning your escape from cable Here’s what you’ll need to know
- John Clay ESPN trolling for football fanatics and Finebaum is right man for job
- Time Warner Cable Pins Senior VP Stripes on Deborah Picciolo
- Auroras pension move helps increase operating income
- Yet more woe for Irish Pension Managed Funds
- How a Sweet Tooth and Nostalgia Turned Sprinkles Guru Candace Nelson to Ice Cream
- Aging Japanese judo official was sex pest
- Older brother held in deaths of 2 younger siblings
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Central Asia Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Ansari visits Samarkand Bukhara next stop before wrapping up Uzbekistan visit
- New Indonesian Central Bank Chief To Focus on Inflation Amid Political Pressure
- Azerbaijan Will Not Join NATO CSTO Says Aide
- Asia stocks erratic Europe shares steady day after global selloff
- YARAT promotes Azerbaijan at Venice Biennale