Ben Affleck has revealed that his portrayal of Batman will be older and wiser in the sequel 'Man of Steel'. The 41-year-old actor said that his version of Batman would not compete with Christian Bale's in Christopher Nolan's trilogy, Metro.co.uk reported. He insisted that he didn't want to give away too much, but the idea for the new Batman is to redefine him in a way that doesn't compete ...
British diver Tom Daley recently took to Twitter to hit back over claims that he's in a relationship with Oscar-winning screenwriter Dustin Lance Black, who is 20 years his senior. While thanking his followers in his tweet for supporting him after he announced that he is 'bisexual' via YouTube, the 19-year-old Olympian said that it shouldn't matter who he dates, Metro.co.uk reported. Daley ...
Under the reforms, which were presented as part of a bi-annual economic update on Thursday, the pension age will be linked to rising life expectancy and reflect the U.K. government's belief that workers should spend no more than a third of their adult life in ...
The Deputy Prime Minister has defended the changes, which will be set out in George Osborne's Autumn Statement later today, although he acknowledged it was not an "easy ...
Rommel Asuncion, a former worker at California's Department of Child Support Services, pleaded guilty earlier this year to stealing about $360,000 in ink cartridges from the agency, The San Diego Union-Tribune reported. Now, as he serves out the remainder of his three-year jail sentence, the county pension board is considering to strip away a portion of his pension, or the period of time ...
Winds: From the Variable at 2 MPH
The Chronicles of Riddick
Four years ago, when Vin Diesel starred as Riddick, a convicted murderer with the uncanny ability to see in the dark, in David Twohys cleverly derivative sci-fi horrorshow Pitch Black, he was pretty much unknown. He had had a bit part of Saving Private Ryan (199 ... ...
Central Asia TimesCentral Asia Times | The Latest News from Central Asia
Breaking news from Central Asia is the focus of the Central Asia Times. This online newspaper has an extended scope, and includes international news and updates from the business world, and global markets.
In addition to our own resources in our Asian bureaus, we have our own international offices, and take news from contracted wire services. We also spider external news sites on an hourly basis, 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure our news is continually updated and refreshed.
For those who may require Central Asia news headlines on their Web site we are happy to oblige, and have provided RSS feeds for this purpose. For readers wanting a daily email update of Central Asia news delivered to their inbox, we provide this complimentary service on a daily basis.
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments or suggestions about the Central Asia Times please forward them by using our Contact Us form.
In support of Older Driver Safety Awareness Week (December 2-6), the U.S. Department of Transportation's National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) announced a new strategic plan that will serve as a roadmap to ensure the safety of our nation's growing population ...
Vatican City, 23 November 2013 (VIS) - Elderly persons have always been active in the life of the Church, which must set an example to society of how they are always important, indeed "indispensable" said Pope Francis, who this morning received in audience the participants in the 28th International Conference of the Pontifical Council for Health Care Workers (Health Care Pastoral). The ...
SINCE July, Judge Steven Rhodes has been considering whether the city of Detroit is eligible for protection from its creditors. On December 3rd he decided that it was. This clears the path for the largest municipal bankruptcy in American history. The city is carrying more than $18 billion in debt, and the judge remarked that he thought it should have filed for bankruptcy years ago. The judgment ...
THEIR son-in-law's visit was a customary show of filial piety for late November. But the homemade kimchi he brought to last his ailing in-laws through the winter would not be needed. "I don't want to be a burden on my children", wrote the 82-year-old in a note he left in the sealed house, along with two funeral pictures and a will. Media outlets were quick to note the ...
The interior of a Yaletown, Vancouver condo is shown in a handout photo. Condo living has become the most common choice for those choosing to live in Vancouver, and while it's popular, there are considerations people need to take when choosing condo living.THE CANADIAN PRESS/HO-Ian ...
And then he dropped the bomb : Pension benefits are a contractual right and are not entitled to any heightened protection in a municipal bankruptcy. Translation: Guarantees in the Michigan state constitution that such benefits are sacrosanct just evaporated. That means that some 23,000 retirees and another 9,000 current city employees are going to have to tighten their belts, along with banks, ...
Middle age and beyond can take a toll on a woman’s sex drive, but two new studies offer hope for women who want to get their sexual mojo back. So far, ...
NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- Decked out in 1940s throwback tailored dresses and perfectly coiffed curls, the Victory Belles seem delightfully out of place in the age of hip-hop. They sing big-band classics at the National World War II Museum and flirt playfully with the audience, leaving bright red lipstick kisses on the smiling faces of America's aging war heroes. But these sexy, glam ...
Rising U.S. pension costs, as people work longer and die later, is one of the most pressing but underplayed problems facing the U.S. economy in the next decade, BlackRock, Inc. (NYSE:BLK) CEO Larry Fink said in a speech on ...
71-year-old woman arrested for allegedly poisoning judge husbandThe 71-year-old wife of an Ohio judge was arrested for allegedly poisoning and nearly killing her husband with antifreeze police said.
The 71-year-old wife of an Ohio judge was arrested for allegedly poisoning and nearly killing her husband with antifreeze, police said.Police arrested Carla Rae Hague Monday and charged her with felonious assault, ABCNews.com reported Wednesday. She's likely to be charged with attempted murder and possible tampering with evidence, the Ashtabula County Sheriff said.The sheriff's office ...
They Said It
When it comes to Iran's nuclear weapons program, the only difference between them is this: Ahmadinejad was a wolf in wolf's clothing, Rouhani is a wolf in sheep's clothing, a wolf who thinks he can pull the wool over the eyes of the international community.
The chief lobbyist for the National Retail Federation was speaking about talks to end the U.S. government shutdown.
How well is the U.S. Congress performing in its efforts to re-open the U.S. government?
News ReleasesThe Central Asia Times.com News Release Publishing Service provides a medium for circulating your organization's news.
Crowne Plaza Hotel, Coogee, Sydney
This 4.5 star hotel is one of our favourites. Overlooking Coogee Beach and just a 15 minute drive from the ...Keep reading
Kazakhstan is in a celebratory mood this week, as the Day of the First President, a national holiday, was observed on December 1. Since the occasion fell on a Sunday, Monday (December 2) was declared a national holiday.
It is the second time that a holiday has been declared to commemorates December 1 1991, when Nursultan Nazarbayev was elected Kazakhstan's first president by an overwhelming majority of the population.
A little over two weeks later, Kazakhstan declared its independence.
The holiday was established after a bill was passed by the Senate (the upper house of parliament) in December 2011 in order to acknowledge the huge achievements of President Nazarbayev since Kazakhstan became independent.
Since that time, President Nazarbayev has helped to transform Kazakhstan from a Soviet republic into a modern, democratic state.
"The results of two decades of development for independent Kazakhstan - the massive reforms in all areas of life, the sustainable growth of the economy, a just social policy, the steady democratization of society - all of this is a direct result of the fulfilment of the strategic course set by the Head of State," said Nurlan Nigmatulin, the Chairman of the Majilis. ...
Top Seniors News from Yesterday
- Canada rocked by rash of soldier suicides in one week
- Afghanistan Reiterates Demands to Sign Accord with U.S.
- N.S. family says goodbye to Afghan war vet who died last week
- Royal Marine Alexander Blackman faces life sentence for Taliban murder
- Afghan Art Project Could Be Casualty of US Pullout
- Choir singing can boost mental health
- Gwyneth Paltrow to host fitness web series with trainer Tracy Anderson
- Carbon monoxide can help amplify effectiveness of chemotherapy
- Tuberculosis Vaccine Could Be Cure For MS
- Singapore scientists engineer human stem cells and move closer to mastering regenerative medicine
- Joint LNG purchase strategy being looked at by India and Japan
- Atlantic Power Corporation and Atlantic Power Preferred Equity Ltd. Announce Quarterly Dividends on the Cumulative Redeemable Preferred Shares Series 1 and Cumulative Rate Reset Preferred Shares Series 2 of Atlantic Power Preferred Equity Ltd.
- Caracal Announces Completion of Placing and Open Offer
- Cenovus to hold conference call and webcast on 2014 budget
- Notice of BIOX fiscal 2013 fourth quarter conference call
- Dominique Pruitt On Mountain Stage
- Latin American ArtsS Crafts Sale Mercado And Navidad Celebration
- Armed robbers stage luxury watch heist in Paris
- The most iconic 90s videos
- Kanye West plays to half-empty arena in Kansas City
- Campaign to downsize Australian public broadcaster gathers steam
- CNN features 16 December gang-rape case in World Untold Stories series
- President Obama wants to host SportsCenter when he retiresPresident Obama tells Disney CEO he wants to host ESPNs SportsCenter when he retires from the White House.
- Fox News Columnist Attacks Pope Francis Calls Him Catholic Churchs Obama
- Ron Burgundy ESPN bumps faux anchorman due to real news
- Ben Affleck says Batman will be older and wiser in Man of Steel sequel
- Tom Daley says it shouldnt matter if hes dating older Dustin Lance Black
- Pensions postponed Retire at 69 in U.K.
- Autumn Statement 2013 Nick Clegg defends George Osbornes pension age rise
- Man who stole $360G in printer ink may lose part of public pension
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Central Asia Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- The United States in Central Asia Going going…
- Turquoise Hill sinks 26
- Azeri SOCAR to Halt Oil Exports via Russia in February
- Regional cooperation minimizes negative impact of conflicts on Azeri business
- Powerful Outspoken Mayor in Southern Kyrgyzstan City Fired