A woman from Newport, South Wales, has developed a peculiar condition in which she cleans and tidies the house while she is still sleeping. Claire Bartlett, 50, has an odd habit of doing the dishes, dusting and even shining the windows in a deep slumber, the Sun reported. It started in October 2012, but since she does such a good job of cleaning up, neither she nor husband Crispin, want to ...
WASHINGTON - The government’s efforts to snoop on Fox News reporter James Rosen during a leak investigation were broader than first revealed - extending to other Fox reporters and even included Rosen’s parents’ home on Staten Island.The feds swept up information on several phone numbers associated with Fox News’ bureau in DC, the network confirmed, and two phone numbers ...
IT'S not unusual for a cat to get a hairball, but a 180-kilogram tiger has needed help from veterinary surgeons when he couldn't hack up a soccer ball-sized furball by ...
MI6 drew up a secret hit list of key German figures to be assassinated in preparation for the D-Day landings, according to official papers made public for the first time. The targets included senior Gestapo officers in France as well as logistics experts considered vital to the movements of the German troops who would confront the Allied invasion force, files released by the National Archives ...
CLEARWATER, Fla. -- It's not unusual for a cat to get a hairball, but a 400-pound tiger needed help from veterinary surgeons in Florida when he couldn't hack up a basketball-size hairball by himself.The 17-year-old tiger named Ty underwent the procedure Wednesday at a veterinary center in the Tampa Bay area community of Clearwater. Doctors said in a statement that they safely removed ...
Winds: From the ESE at 4 MPH
Albert Nobbs is a sad little movie about a sad little man. The title character (Glenn Close) lives and works as a butler in an upper class hotel in late-19th-century Dublin. Diminutive in both stature and interpersonal polish, Albert is nevertheless a steadfast and entirely relia ... ...
Attorney General Luther Strange Strange pointed out that an IRS official invoked the Fifth Amendment against self-incrimination earlier Wednesday when called before a House committee. (Dave Martin | Associated Press | ...
reports on the outlook for the second year of the sequester, which will reduce spending in FY2014 from $1.043 trillion to $967 billion. In all likelihood, the $76 billion in additional austerity will come from another round of indiscriminate cuts. And The Republican head of the House's Appropriations Committee isn't ...
"Clearly," the government authors write, "someone is not telling the truth." That is a rather obvious deduction, given the contents of the 30-page report into what went wrong to allow a private plane, ferrying wedding guests, to land at the country's top air ...
Brandon Phillips bounced a bizarre double over first base to snap a ninth-inning tie, and the Cincinnati Reds completed a three-game sweep of the struggling New York Mets with a 7-4 victory ...
Three sisters say they were kicked out of a Pennsylvania mall because they refused to remove profanity-laden hats expressing their hatred of ...
They Said It
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Country Inn & Suites, Ventura, California, USA
I had selected the Holiday Inn at Ventura which is right on the beach as a target for a review, ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Central Asia TimesCentral Asia Times | The Latest News from Central Asia
Breaking news from Central Asia is the focus of the Central Asia Times. This online newspaper has an extended scope, and includes international news and updates from the business world, and global markets.
In addition to our own resources in our Asian bureaus, we have our own international offices, and take news from contracted wire services. We also spider external news sites on an hourly basis, 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure our news is continually updated and refreshed.
For those who may require Central Asia news headlines on their Web site we are happy to oblige, and have provided RSS feeds for this purpose. For readers wanting a daily email update of Central Asia news delivered to their inbox, we provide this complimentary service on a daily basis.
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments or suggestions about the Central Asia Times please forward them by using our Contact Us form.
Kazakhstan defeated India 3-2 in the China International men's volleyball tournament here.
Kazakhstan won 25-12, 23-25, 24-26, 25-20, 15-7 Wednesday, reports Xinhua.
"Our team is so young that they didn't cooperate well and made mistakes, but I am satisfied with their performance," said Gilyazutdinov Rafael, assistant coach of Kazakhstan team.
"Our setup was bad today and that is why we lost the game," said Indian team manager Sudhir Jain.
- Talks with Taliban prerogative of Pak govt. says envoy Olson
- Afghanistans Helmand Province Sees Fresh Clashes Conflicting Claims
- 5 killed in Afghan suicide bombing
- Karzai gives wish list to India but says he doesnt want Indian soldiers on Afghan soil
- NATO troops begin withdrawal of equipment from Afghanistan
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Da Kitchen closing Honolulu restaurant on Saturday
- Global corporate bookings set new growth record.
- Lennar joins housing rush into downtown Redwood City
- A Restaurateurs Guide to Successful Digital Marketing.
- Fish oil supplements may help cut risk of diabetes heart disease
- Over 10 new oil fields found in Siberia
- Exxon Mobil accused of anti-gay bias
- Oil Falls on Gasoline Stocks Fed Concerns
- OPWP selects APR Energy to build 32MW power plant
- Mexico City hosts chili pepper festival
- Man found hanging at St. Petersburg theatre
- Kimberly Walsh loves her body
- Apparel Workers stage ‘warning’ strike
- CA slams Revillame as it affirms show suspension over boy’s lusty dance
- ESPN layoffs 7000 workers as TV rights fees rise
- FOX NEWS POLL Voters US shouldnt intervene in Syria
- FOX NEWS POLL Most want pre-ObamaCare system
- Telecoms company Cable Wireless to quit UK after 140 years
- DOJ invoked Espionage Act in calling Fox News reporter criminal co-conspirator
- Italy has lowest graduate share in Europe
- Imran Khans PTI seeks pro-Taliban clerics help to initiate peace talks with outfit
- Bears Urlacher Announces His Retirement
- Aging Asia to strain worlds long-term economic growth think-tank
- Pension plans can make all the difference in retirement
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Central Asia Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Kazakhstan defeat India in volleyball tourney
- China to buy gas from Turkmenistan
- China defeats Kazakhstan in mens volleyball tourney
- Level of relations between Azerbaijan and Russia high - foreign minister
- MP Barry Devolin congratulates on anniversary of Azerbaijan Democratic Republic