4G services, which provide mobile users with internet access up to 50 times faster than the current 3G network, will be launched in Shanghai next month when the China Mobile company begins large-scale trials. The fourth generation of mobile phone mobile communication technology standards orm 4G provides users with high-speed internet access on devices such as phones, data cards and MiFi ...
A senior US Senator has posted on Twitter that the country is not working on its foreign policies as of now, remembering that last time when the country had no foreign policies Hitler had started the World War II. Senator Chuck Grassley of Iowa is known for his unusual Twitter feeds referring history, the Huffington Post reports. Grassley has warned that a modern-day Hitler invasion is ...
A leading senior religious clerics in Saudi Arabia has said that Saudi citizens using Twitter will risk damnation. Abdul Latif Abdul Aziz al-Sheikh's declaration comes as a move to attack the US-based microblogging service, the Huffington Post reports. According to the report, Saudi leaders fear that Twitter and other social media services are platforms for making the dissidents voice out ...
In another cyber-attack Twitter and Financial Times (FT) website have reportedly been hacked. An online group called the Syrian Electronic Army supporting Syrian President Bashar al-Assad had followed a phishing attack on Financial Times' mail accounts, Stuff.co.nz reports. According to the report, the hackers have taken control over Twitter account of a news organization where 200 million ...
Australian Test batsman David Warner may reportedly lose his place in the squad for the prestigious Ashes tour following his Twitter outburst. According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Warner may now have to face a Cricket Australia code of behaviour hearing to explain why he should still be allowed on the upcoming Ashes series. Warner launched a blistering attack against two of the Australian ...
Winds: From the NW at 22 MPH Gusting to 36 MPH
Pandora's Box (Die Büchse der Pandora) [DVD]
When the 21-year-old American actress Louise Brooks stepped off the train in Berlin, Germany in 1928, she didnt speak a word of German and had no idea who Georg Wilhelm Pabst was outside of the fact that he had cabled her in Hollywood and was willing to pay her $1,000 a week to make a f ... ...
Australian Test batsmen David Warner is likely to be charged with detrimental public comment for his Twitter outburst under Cricket Australia's (CA) code of conduct, delivering a setback to his leadership aspirations. Condemning Warner, CA's high-performance chief Pat Howard had confirmed that Warner will be disciplined after using the social networking site to launch a savage attack on cricket ...
Cricket Australia (CA) is investigating a Twitter rant by cricketer David Warner, who launched a scathing attack on reputed Australian cricket writers Robert Craddock and Malcolm Conn. "CA is aware of comments made on David Warner's twitter account overnight. CA is attempting to contact Warner and will continue to investigate the matter. CA will make further comment once it has conducted a ...
Australian batsman David Warner is under investigation following comments on his Twitter account directed against two of the country's leading cricket writers. Photo by: Cameron ...
Not so long ago the web was a wild, barren and alien landscape. We knew its potential and we knew we were excited by it, but we weren't sure exactly how to make it look good. There were hindrances of course; slow dial-up modem speeds, and a limited choice of web-safe colours and fonts, were the thorn in the side of the web designer until relatively recently. We now enjoy almost unlimited ...
SYDNEY (AFP) - Batsman David Warner was on Sunday reported for an alleged breach of Cricket Australia's code of conduct after a Twitter rant directed at two of the country's leading cricketing writers."Warner is alleged to have breached Rule 6: Unbecoming Behaviour, regarding comments posted on his Twitter account," Cricket Australia said in a statement.CA began investigating ...
They Said It
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Hilton San Diego Airport/Harbor Island
The hotel is easy to locate although coming off Highway 405 South there is no indicattion that the Downtown exits ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Central Asia TimesCentral Asia Times | The Latest News from Central Asia
Breaking news from Central Asia is the focus of the Central Asia Times. This online newspaper has an extended scope, and includes international news and updates from the business world, and global markets.
In addition to our own resources in our Asian bureaus, we have our own international offices, and take news from contracted wire services. We also spider external news sites on an hourly basis, 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure our news is continually updated and refreshed.
For those who may require Central Asia news headlines on their Web site we are happy to oblige, and have provided RSS feeds for this purpose. For readers wanting a daily email update of Central Asia news delivered to their inbox, we provide this complimentary service on a daily basis.
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments or suggestions about the Central Asia Times please forward them by using our Contact Us form.
At least five Azerbaijan soldiers were killed and six seriously injured when their vehicle rammed into a tree and overturned, the government said.
The accident occurred early Saturday in Guba region, some 168 km from capital Baku, reported Xinhua citing Azerbaijan's internal ministry.
Though an investigation was underway , police said bad weather as well as mechanical defects might have caused the crash.
- Protests halt debate over eliminating violence against women in Afghan parliament
- Afghan police officer killed in Taliban attack
- Afghan Lawmakers Block Womens Rights Law
- Pune hosts Afghan film festival
- Boko Haram - African version of Taliban
- Wyndham enters into Singapore with 2 brands.
- Are North Americans ready to spend
- Travel Industry Leaders Discuss Tourism’s Impact on the U.S. Economy and Changing Vacation Demographics
- Wanda Hotels and Resorts to Expand IDeaS Revenue Management Support Across All Group Managed Hotels
- New colonoscope could revolutionize colorectal cancer screening
- Ketamine holds promise for people with treatment-resistant depression
- New needleless acupuncture therapy reduces diabetics indigestion symptoms
- Chronic trauma can inflict lasting damage to brain
- Student holds doctor over medical fee dispute
- Kuwaits KPC suspends top officials after Dow payout
- Greens announce counter-bid to prevent oil exploration
- Omans Sharqiyah Desalination launches IPO
- Saudis NWC planning JVs with private firms by 2015
- Omans Al Suwadi Al Batinah Power planning IPOs by mid-2014
- Asom Gana Parishad stage protest in Assam over killing of one-horned rhino
- Police arrest four Maoist sympathisers in Jharkhand
- Police conduct martial arts training for school girls in Siliguri
- Pregnancy wont affect Knowles performances
- Jimmy Saviles half-century of sex abuse to be made into musical
- 45th Session of Indian Labour Conference concludes
- Video China turns to age-old solution for rural elderly
- Film training will focus on issues for aging gays
- Yet more woe for Irish Pension Managed Funds
- Up to 60 people injured after elderly driver ploughs into Virginia parade
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Central Asia Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Five Azerbaijan troops killed in road crash
- Denmarks Emmelie de Forest wins Eurovision song contest ahead of Azerbaijan Ukraine
- Man in US quiet regarding Uzbekistan terrorism plot
- Aliyev said Azerbaijan needed support of international community to end Armenian invasion of Nagorno-Karabakh.
- Gazprom plans Ukraine bypass